Saturday, November 6, 2010

nesting

nesting is in full effect over here now... laundry, packing, baby items, organizing the kids, actually making a plan. we are just busy checking things off our list.

i think i have been in serious denial about the baby coming this month. last night i went to a fundraiser for mason's school, and i had a great time talking, eating, socializing, eating, laughing, and eating. before i knew it i was dropping off my neighbor and i looked at the clock and it was 12:09. yikes, i guess i had a late night! once i was home i wasn't even tired. so off to the bonus room to watch the real housewives of beverly hills. my brain just had too many thoughts going through it, and i don't think i finally fell asleep until around 2ish.

i guess what i am freaking out about the most is that i just may not have any control when this baby comes. i understand that's how is goes for the majority of women, but it just has never been my experience. i am a planner, and i feel so much better when life goes according to my plan.

i've never gone into labor on my own, and although i am sure it is a wonderful, at this point in my life with 3 kids i was really banking on something more scheduled.

so yes, nesting is going on at the jacobs house this weekend!!!!

today i am thankful for my loving husband... he has been doing so much to help around the house. he even brought me home chinese food for dinner, even though it isn't his favorite. together we make a great team and have been busy checking things off our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment