Thursday, November 11, 2010

hanging in there...

so, i have physically been feeling pretty good. but when i do too much i will start feeling contractions and lots of pressure. usually after i rest it goes away. but man am i in a mood... i snap pretty quickly, i don't have a ton of tolerance and patience, and i generally feel annoyed.

today carter had the day off because of veteran's day. it was nice not to rush this morning or do anything. my friend jen and her kids came over for a play date and lunch. it was fun! although carter was in his own mood, which i could have done without. after our play date, hadley went down for a nap, and put on a movie for the boys. at that point i was really feeling crampy and needed to rest.

i just had a cup of tea and some oreos and now i am feeling better. i am meeting some girlfriends out at chili's tonight... i am looking forward to a night out. it's not that i can't go out once the baby comes, i just don't want to. especially this time of year... i just want to cuddle in my warm house wearing my pj's and slippers. i am crossing my fingers that craig comes home early so i can run out and get a much needed pedicure and get my eyebrow waxed.

i have been very anxious all week about going into labor. i keep waiting to see if my contractions will start getting into a regular pattern. every day i have to think about what my plan for the day will be depending on where the kids are, and where my friends are. it has been stressful. tomorrow i have my weekly appointment with my doctor and i am really looking forward to it. i am looking forward to finding out if i have dilated any more, and see what else is going on...

so far i have been able to do what i needed to this week... checking things off my never ending list.

* went to the american girl store and bought hadley her bity baby for x-mas, along with some other items so now i am just about done.

*ordered curtains for hadley's big girl room... annoyed i went to pbk and they didn't have the ones i wanted in stock.

*had carter's parent/teacher conference and was so pleased to hear that he is doing so good both academically and socially... his teacher just kept telling me what a good boy he is.

*brought hadley for a hair cut... or should i say trim. you can hardly tell, but the curls are bouncing better, and i'm trying to grow out her bangs so it just looks more healthy, not shorter.

* i went to a meeting at our church to learn about upcoming events for carter, and was able to pick our date for his first communion.

the final things i would like to do before the baby comes is get a pedicure (hopefully tonight) and see carter's last soccer game on saturday. i also have tickets to a fundraiser saturday night, but if i can't do that, i'll be fine. carter's game is really important to me because this is his first year playing that he is really into it, and scoring. his team is also undefeated, and i am praying they win the last game.

well, that's my update. i'm going to enjoy my final moments of quiet time before hadley wakes up and the boys need me.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! You've gotten so much done. It is hard when you have so much to do but your body needs rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'm so excited for you! Let us know how your appt. goes tomorrow. I'm sure it's impossible to take it easy! HUGS - MJ

    ReplyDelete