Monday, November 22, 2010

39 weeks

today i should be 39 weeks, and i was hoping for an induction today.... clearly that isn't going to happen. i am over-the-moon happy to have graham safe and sound, but a small part of me is disappointed that i had him a little early.

i loved being pregnant. especially since this was my last pregnancy, i tried to really enjoy every moment of it. of course i know that the most important thing about a pregnancy, is to bring home a healthy baby at the end. so maybe disappointed isn't the right word, but you know what i'm saying... right?

i guess now that we are settling in to our new routine of a family of six, it has finally set in that never again will we experience a pregnancy. the fun of trying... the excitement of learning that you are pregnant... waiting for your belly to grow... sharing your news... feeling the first kicks. i'll miss it all.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I think it's melancholy. I love my boys and wouldn't change a thing, but I always get a little longy for what might have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you are saying! This brought tears to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs! I'm so happy that Graham is here safe and sound, and I totally know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete