Friday, November 5, 2010

freaking out

36 weeks + 3 cm dilated = shannon freaking out

today i had my appointment... i had to get undressed from the waist down for the gbs test, so i figured i would ask my doctor if she would check me since i have had a couple of contractions and it feels like the baby has dropped. as she was checking me, she asked me to remind her when i usually start dilating, and how i was when i was induced in the past... so i told her i usually am around 1 cm at 37 weeks, and 3 cm by 38 weeks when i was admitted to the hospital. well, i am already at 3 cm... i know that this means nothing, but i have so much planned next week, i need this baby to stay put until 38 weeks.

so this weekend we really need to get the house prepared for the baby, and maybe make a plan just incase i go into labor? a plan would be good...

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't freak out just yet. Like you said, it doesn't really mean anything. I never even had internal exams for that reason.

    That said, I bet you'll feel a lot better if you get things in order this weekend just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know it doesn't mean much... but my last 2 labors have gone quick, i went from 4 - 10 cm in less than 30 minutes with hadley. so just the thought of going into labor and trying to get the kids settled, and drive 45 minutes to the hospital is enough to stress me out. but for now we will just wait and see... i did just pack my hospital bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moses!! though for the record, I was 3cm for weeks, and hours even after starting the pitocin!! :)

    ReplyDelete