Wednesday, June 30, 2010

my summer prayer...

so, this is my prayer for summer... and it is a good thing i am pregnant, or i would be drinking quite a bit.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


there are moments in the day that i absolutely love, and everything is going great. then there are the fights, and whining, and really, i just want to give my children away for free. well, not all of them, so far hadley isn't into the whining and fighting yet.

really, does it matter who gets out of the car first? it isn't a contest, and there is no winner.... so why, knock your brother down, so you are the first out? i just don't get it... same thing goes for washing your hands, brushing your teeth, getting a snack... can't we just figure out how to do it together and be civil to each other?

summer is a time to play, have fun, and relax. when did it become my job to schedule something for every hour of the day, and to buy toys, presents and rewards on a daily basis?

2 more full months of summer vacation, and i would like to keep my sanity please... is that too much to ask???

4 comments:

  1. I felt that way this morning. Why don't they understand that if they get along and are nice to each other, everyone has fun?!?
    Ugh...at times I want to sell my older boys too :( ((hugs)). You have to be exhusted with having all 3 home and taking care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. I'm trying so hard to keep my cool this month, literally counting down the days until I trek to Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. I took the boys swimming after school today and wondered why I'd lost my mind as we sat in the drive-thru of Steak-n-Shake, listening to those two scream at each other for half and hour. Griffin calls Cooper "poo-poo," and Cooper cries about it. Seriously, they could do that for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this Shannon. It's nice to be reminded that this is just how kids are. Sometimes I feel like my kids are the only "brats".....I am so tried of hearing ME FIRST.....I WON.......THATS NOT FAIR!

    Just remember your not alone.

    ReplyDelete