Thursday, June 17, 2010

pink? blue? or green?

with each pregnancy i knew right from the beginning whether i wanted to find out what we were having.

my first pregnancy i was so excited and wanted to get everything perfect and just had to know. for the record i thought i was having a girl, and clearly carter is a boy.

then after 16 months of trying, we finally got pregnant w/ mason. i felt like i had waited long enough and just had to know what i was having. my pregnancy was so different than the first so i figured, this one must be a girl. even the u/s tech guessed girl at my 12 week scan. we were so excited to have a little avery kate, and then at 18 weeks we were told that we were having another boy! i was thrilled, i kinda wanted another boy. i figured i always wanted a sister, carter would love having a brother.

baby #3 (aka hadley) - craig and i always said that waiting until the birth would be fun, and that this might be our last pregnancy, that it could be an exciting way to make this pregnancy special. i was also so sick of strangers asking me if i wanted a girl and how great a girl would be. in my heart i thought that this baby was another boy, and i didn't want anyone to make a stupid comment that they felt sorry for me that i didn't have a girl. i just wanted to enjoy the pregnancy. i have always loved the idea of 3 or 4 of a kind. 3 boys sounded fun, and i would've loved to remain the only girl in the house. boy, did we receive the shock of our life, when after i delivered the baby, they placed it on my tummy and my doctor told craig to open the legs and make the call.... and he said (with tears streaming down his face) "it's a girl!"

that moment was amazing!!! was it the excitement of the day? or was it because i was so sure it was a boy and i was wrong? i never knew how much i wanted a daughter until she was there, and i fell in love instantly. it was one of the best moments in my life.

so here i am... pregnant again, and i really don't know what to do. i just assumed that last time the experience was so great, i would want to do it again. but now i questioning that. it would be great for the kids to find out, especially the boys. our big u/s is scheduled on our 10th anniversary, and that would be a very special gift. since i now have both boys and a girl, there isn't as much hype over will this one be the girl... i have no "gut" instinct about this baby's gender, which is good, since i am always wrong.

oh, and names... they are so much harder this time. i told craig tonight that i have been looking at the same baby names for 8 years... it might be nice to just think of one gender.

i think it might be a game time decision... craig said it is up to me, he doesn't care either way. these are the thoughts running through my head while watching game 7 of the celtics vs. lakers. (go celtics!)

all thoughts, opinions, suggestions welcomed! and of course baby names... help!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hehe! Girl I love that you didn't find out with Hadley, but I am a finder outer. If we have #4, I won't find out. It'll be another boy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a finder outer. Mostly because I like to decorate and plan. But in your case, I could see your dilemna. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. girls, you are no help... lol!!! at least throw some names my way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to find out if we have #4 but only b/c we don't have a girl. If I already had at least one of each, I'd totally let it be a surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well from the practical end do things feel kind of too crazy (with 3 kids and things with your dad) to wait till baby comes to do the nursery, pull out clothes and organize them, etc.? Would being able to do that stuff now be a nice distraction?
    On the "fun" end of it all, I'm with Angela's theory in that since you already have at least one of each sex that it's a fun no pressure time to not find out. Given that, I'd probably not find out. Then again with the busy-ness of already having 3 kids maybe I'd want to prepare as much as possible!
    Names? For some reason Will popped into my head. I think Will sounds nice with the other 3. Oohh and Will Jacobs sounds really strong. LOL but then again Craig probably has a co-worker that he hates named Will (that kept happening to us with boy names :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am liking Reed (for a girl!) more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. !!!!!!!!!WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

    That excitement you felt over Hadley's birth is so worth waiting for. I did not find out with Abby or Nicholas but did with Andrew. If I was able to go back and have Andrew all over again I would have waited to find out. Ralph said the same and he was the one all over finding out.

    I am on the WAIT WAIT WAIT side!

    Names......I have always liked Thomas, Jack, or Matthew for boys. For girls I like Katlyn, Madilyn, Madison, and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say wait...just for the way you put it into words.
    One of my fav names for a girl is McKenna. Also, Parker and Madeline.
    Boys, I love Brady, Miles, Tanner and Nash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sawyer
    Chloe
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete