Sunday, June 6, 2010

how is it june already?

wow, time sure does fly... school is almost out, and we are getting ready for summer! mason only has 2 more days of school, and one more day of speech. carter still has 10 days left, and gets out on the 18th.

i like to stay somewhat busy during the summer. soon, we will make a list of all the things we want to do and the kids love to cross things off. usually it is trips to the zoo, beach and library. carter will be doing soccer camp, basketball camp, and a lego/painting camp. mason will do a week at his preschool, and then while carter does the lego camp, mason will go to a preschool playtime one at the same time. each of those are only 1/2 days, so they don't take up too much time, just something to do. this year i am also hoping to do the beach more.

tomorrow is my dad's surgery. it is scheduled to start at 7:30 am, and will last 5-6 hours. i was planning on meeting my mom there around 9ish since the hospital is about an hour away. but when they met with his doctor last week to go over everything, she mentioned that she saw something on his scan, and couldn't tell if it was nothing, or if the cancer had spread. she will only really know when she gets in there. she also mentioned that she might decide to just close him back up and not to the surgery if it has spread. well, this obviously isn't good news, so i figured i should be there with my mom from the beginning, just in case things don't go well.

my dad has been really depressed, and just feels like he is not going to make it through the surgery. my mom is trying so hard to stay positive and be strong. it just sucks!!! last night our family, my parents and my niece and her mom all went to my parents to hang out. i think my dad loved having all the kids there, eat pizza and drink some beers. it was a good time. we are not telling the kids about the surgery, and they won't be able to see him for a couple of weeks so it was nice that they were all there.

in other news, i am going to be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow... things are moving right along. my belly is starting to "pop", and i need to get some more maternity clothes. i have no feeling if this baby is a boy or girl... and still don't have a list of baby names that i like.

i met my girlfriends out on friday night and we saw Sex and the City 2. i really liked it. the reviews weren't so good, but for me it was the perfect chick flick. i love movie night with the girls! we sit in the lux section, sit in big comfy chairs, and a waitress brings us food and drinks.

i'll update more after my dad's surgery tomorrow... please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on 15 weeks--wow!

    So sorry about your dad--that the cancer may have spread, that he's depressed, etc. I'll be praying for him and for you all, too. :(

    I have never heard of a lux section in a theater like you described--sounds fabulous!! Do you have to pay more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a couple of the newer theaters here are putting in these "lux" sections... they are 21+ b/c they serve alcohol. they have a full menu of appetizers, meals, and desserts. it costs about $25, but then they give you a $5 coupon off your food/drink order. so it is more, but totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HUGS - I've been through so much with my parents health, I know how scary it can be. I'm hoping for a good report to day. Man it must have been a long one for you and your mom! So glad you had some good family time before today. HUGS MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything went well today Shannon.

    Thinking of you..HUGS

    ReplyDelete