Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"i'm bored"

i can already hear it... "i'm bored!" actually, i'm sure i will hear it no less than 539 times a week.

last year we made a fun list of things to do to keep busy. it really helped keep us entertained, and we added to it as the summer went on.

fun things to do this summer - 2010
• visit library
• zoo
• play dates w/ friends
• visit a park
• davis farmland
• go out for ice cream
• disney
• bowling
• set up sprinkler in back yard
• go to the beach
• bake brownies or cookies
• paw sox
• day in boston
• chuck- e- cheese
• word searches / puzzles
• practice math facts
• keep a summer journal
• read books
• make play dough
• watch movies / go to the movies
• mini-golf


even though it isn't technically on the list, another project that will keep us busy this summer will be the "big move". mason will be moving into carter's room. i really would love to get carter's room painted, but actually finding a painter, and getting them to paint a simple room w/out charging an arm and a leg has been difficult (who knew?). and having craig paint is not an option. we will not be moving hadley into mason's room yet, but i want the boys settled and into a routine before the start of school.

wish me luck!!!
i think i can, i think i can, i think i can....

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I made a list last week as well and I have a lot of the same activities. This is our first week of break and I haven't heard "I'm bored" yet but oh, the picking and teasing each other...I could do without that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun list! We switched all of the furniture between the kids' rooms a few weeks ago...it was a massive undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer, I'd totally paint your room for you.

    ReplyDelete