Thursday, December 2, 2010

busy?

i am so sick of people asking me if i'm busy, or if i have my hands full... really are they trying to see if my house is in chaos? maybe they are just being nice, but it always sounds like a negative comment. i'm sure once graham wakes up more and needs more attention things will get crazy, but for now life is going on and everyone's good.

actually, i am more than good... i'm great!!! this week has been my first week home alone and so far, so good. there was one little incident with hadley when i brought mason to speech on tuesday. she wanted to be a "big girl" and run around the school, and shed some tears when she was told "no"... but that was only 30 minutes out of the last 4 days. we went grocery shopping just fine,and we also managed to get hadley a hair cut.

every night there has been dinner on the table by the time craig gets home from work... i was able to give carter lots of one on one time with his homework, and mason still had my neighbor over on wednesday for a play date like we have been doing for the last year.

hadley is definitely the one who is the most challenging, but she is also turning 2 years old next week, and is acting like a 2 year old. i don't think it has anything to do with graham... she doesn't seem jealous at all, she just wants to be independent and is having a tough time transitioning from one activity to the next.

to top it off, i got sick yesterday and still feel like crap today.... maybe i am a little hormonal, but i am just so sick of people asking me if i'm busy.

ok, vent over...

1 comment:

  1. Glad your first week went so well! I think I'd be annoyed too if people were constantly telling me I had my hands full. I would imagine that other than just being busy with everyone's needs and activities, it actually gets easier with each new baby because you're now so experienced! At least that's what I'm hoping- haha. We're having some almost-2-year-old issues over here too. Getting to be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete