Thursday, December 23, 2010

what a difference a year makes...

i can't believe how fast the last year has gone by... last year when i went in for my 10 week ultrasound, we discovered that i had miscarried. the news was devastating, and heart breaking. it was not the way i had imagined the holidays. we were so excited to share our news with our family on christmas, but instead i had to call my mom and tell her that i was pregnant and miscarried all in one sentence.

i spent christmas eve recovering from a d&c, and not enjoying the magic of chirstmas with my kids.

this year not only will i be able to really enjoy christmas with the kids, but i will be able to snuggle with graham. he is so perfect, and there is something so special about having a newborn over the holidays.

i try not to live in a world of "what ifs" but i do often wonder about the baby we lost... but i also know that without that m/c i wouldn't have graham. and now that he is here, i couldn't imagine my family any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, miscarriages stink. I had two in between my little boys, and they are so disappointing... to say the least. I'm glad you have little Graham now. He is adorable. I love his Christmas outfit. :) It is fun having a newborn at Christmas, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete