Monday, April 20, 2009

not off to a good start...

this week is april vacation, which means no school, no scheduled activities, no rushing in the morning, and no stress. i was looking forward to play dates, going to the park, and just relaxing a bit. today we were going to visit my aunt, some of my cousins and friends and then heading over to my parents house for the afternoon. carter and i made brownies, we packed our bags full of everything we would need for a long day out of our house, and we were off. well, about 45 minutes into our trip mason said he didn't feel well, and i soon as i looked in the rear view mirror, i saw him vomit. i put on my blinker and tried to get over to the right lane as fast as i could. i was on the phone with craig, and had to hang up quickly. well, the puking didn't stop, it kept coming... i noticed we were really close to an exit, and knew it would be safer to get off the highway.

as if cleaning puke isn't gross enough, it is even worse when you don't have the comforts of home, towels, water, new clothes, etc. it can be actually quite difficult. since we had our bags packed for the day, i had a pair of pj's to change mason into. we were also close to craig's office, so he came to bring me his car seat, so i didn't have to put mason back in the one filled with vomit.

2 hours later, we are back to where we started... but now i have 2 very unhappy boys. thankfully mason was fine for the rest of the day. when we got home he wanted chocolate cookies and milk, not the saltine's and water i offered him. after lunch i gave him a bath, and as soon as he came out, he asked if it was time to go to auntie lu lu's house yet. clearly, he was feeling much better.

the rest of my afternoon was spent washing clothes, and car seat covers. when craig got home he cleaned the inside of my car.

i am really hoping the rest of the week goes better... wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope the rest of the week is more relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ick! I hope it is a one kid, one time incident! NOT how you want to spend the next 5 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! I'm praying that he was just carsick!

    ReplyDelete