Friday, April 24, 2009

friday... finally!

well, this has been a long week. today we had an almost perfect day. i brought the kids up to my parents house for a visit. once we were there and settled, i took the kids for a walk down to the park to meet my friend courtney and her 3 year old son, graham. the park is a quick, 5 minute walk from my parents house. so we get there, and as soon as i park the stroller in a shaded section of the park, we heard a loud bang! i looked around, to see where the noise came from... finally the women next to me said she thought it was my stroller's tire that popped. wtf? i was annoyed, and had no idea how it happened. so i called my mom and asked her to drive my car down to the park soon, since i needed to get all 3 kids and a busted stroller back to their house.

ok, i was ready to enjoy the beautiful weather, and spend a couple hours at at the park. literally 1 minute later, mason came up to me and told me he peed his pants. seriously??? i couldn't believe it. since he has been potty trained, he has never had an accident out of the house. i was thankful my mom was already driving my car down, b/c i had extra clothes in there.

finally, we were ready to enjoy our afternoon. today was a beautiful day! the sky was blue, it was in the low 70's, and the sun was shining! really, it was the perfect day! after a couple hours at the park, we headed back to my parents house. tomorrow is my mom's b-day, so i wanted to spend the day with her. now that carter is in school full time, i don't to visit with my parents as often as i would like.

we stayed until bedtime, and i packed up my car, the kids, and all our stuff. it's funny how my once large, beast of an suv is suddenly starting to feel small. everyone fell asleep and i was able to move the kids to their beds/crib. it was really a nice day, and the perfect end to vacation week.

No comments:

Post a Comment