Friday, April 30, 2010

today was a good day...

today was a good day... actually it was a great day!!! this morning we went to carter's school for a poetry show. his class teamed with another and put on a really cute show. the students recited lots of poems as groups and also in pairs. carter and his friend colin picked the poem "my little sister"... carter was so proud of picking a poem for hadley, and he recited it perfectly.

"My Little Sister" by William Wise
My little sister
Likes to eat
But when she does
She's not too neat.
The trouble is
She doesn't know
Exactly where
The food should go!






mason and craig were there too, but just not in any pictures. anyways, after the poetry show was over i headed up to the hospital for an u/s. yesterday i had my intake appointment, and decided i would feel so much better if i could get in for an u/s before we told my in-laws the news. yesterday they didn't have any room to fit me in, but today they got me an appointment. i was so nervous, and i don't really know why. well, i am happy to report i have the perfect little baby growing inside me. i was just so happy!!!! as soon as the wand went in (yes, it was that kind of u/s) i could see how much bigger the baby was than 2 weeks ago. and then i saw the flicker of the heart. the heartbeat was 182. i am so so happy!!! i called craig, who was with mason and hadley and he suggested we celebrate the good news with lunch at the cheesecake factory.

yes, today was a good day. i ordered a pizza for dinner (which i didn't eat b/c i was feeling sick), and then we got ice cream (which i did it, well b/c it's ice cream). this weekend the weather is supposed to be beautiful, and i am looking forward to it. what i am not looking forward to is telling my in-laws my news tomorrow.... who know what they will say!!! wish me luck!!!!

p.s. i also picked up my photos from our session last week.... here are the 3 i got of the kids. once i scan them, they will replace last years on right side of my blog. here is a sneak peak...

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures (especially the u/s one) are beautiful! Are your in-laws against babies or something? I hope telling them went well, you'll have to keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What an adorable baby! And your big kids are so stinking cute! i hope telling the in-laws went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. telling my in-laws went well... they are just so socially awkward you never know. i really should blog about them more, because they are so crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a great ultrasound! How many weeks are you now? Glad it went well telling the in-laws, lol at your response to Heather about them. Family, huh? Love the pictures and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever had my own blog, I would dedicate the whole thing to stories about my parents. They definitely are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, Craig!! You and my husband could swap some parents stories; his are NUTS.

    Shannon, you're hilarious about the ice cream. I would have had to have eaten the pizza and passed on the ice cream. :)

    So excited for you! Those pics are all gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete