Thursday, April 22, 2010

random thoughts

* i am 8 weeks pregnant, and feeling good. i have my intake next week w/ a nurse and at that point i will set up my first ob appointment, as well as my n/t scan. i spoke with a nurse this week about being nervous about my past m/c and she said that i could go in at 10 weeks and they could use the doppler and check the heartbeat for me. i have shared my news with only a couple of people, but still not with my inlaws or most of my friends.

* today was my dad's last day of radiation and chemo. he has been so sick, and has not been able to work or do much of anything. his skin is severely burned where the radiation went in. he is so happy to have the chemo pump removed so he can sleep better and finally shower again. the doctor says it will take 10-12 days for him to start feeling better. he goes back on may 14th for another scan and to set a date for his surgery.

* today my sil and i attempted getting a photo of our kids to give mil for mother's day. seriously, it didn't go well at all... really, 5 kids under the age of 7 and we really thought we could get them to all look at the camera at the same time. note to self, i am never doing that again. individual pictures were not so bad, but getting one of the 3 of mine was impossible too. i really think they should've had another photographer to work with our group... the one women seemed overwhelmed.
here is the link if you want a good laugh... i am almost tempted to buy the 3rd one because it just makes me laugh.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?r=1&e=6561921
password is 2389

* i am surviving april vacation week... it has been fun! it has been really nice to sleep in everyday. hadley has been a sleeping like an angel, 13 hours at night, and 3 - 4 hour naps. and since i don't have to get carter off to school, there is no rush in the morning. i also don't have to be at the bus stop at 2:45, so i have really enjoyed hadley's naps.

here is a picture i took as we were heading upstairs to get ready for bed.... carter really thinks there is a pot of gold at the end.

4 comments:

  1. LOL those group shots are funny! Sorry it was so frustrating but good you can laugh about it after. I'm so glad your pregnancy has been going well - been thinking of you! I'm sure it's hard to wait for that next appt. Hugs - MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your Dad and for you and the rest of your family.
    Carter is right, there *is* a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow...and it's a little brother or sister! :)
    Those pics are so adorable! You really did get some good shots alone, but the group one are hilarious! You are right, order #3, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! #3 made me LOL! I'm thinking about your dad. I really hope that he starts feeling better quickly. <3

    And I would take the nurse up on her offer to listen with the doppler. I've been really tempted to buy or rent a doppler this pregnancy. I'm glad that you're feeling well, and SO jealous of the amazing nights sleep you're getting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the pictures!! I think the group shots are actually quite cute, though I agree it's very frustrating when you want a good one.

    Hope your pg is going well and your dad is doing okay. :)

    ReplyDelete