Monday, April 12, 2010

oh, the minivan...

i was one of those young moms who said i will never drive a minivan... nope, not me. i am too young and hip to drive the "loser cruiser".

as i got older i changed my tune a bit... i said i would only drive one if i was over the age of 30, and had more than 3 kids. but still i had no desire to get one. when our family needed a new car in january 2008, i was excited for a new set of wheels. after going to many car shows, and looking at all my options of the large suv's w/ 3rd row seating i settled on the toyota sequoia.

i love my car!!! it has plenty of room, nice to drive, and lots of options. i couldn't imagine wanting anything else.

oh, and then i saw a new commercial... it was for the 2011 toyota sienna. i thought it was cute, and catchy. then i noticed i really did love the commercial, and the minivan was actually nice. hmmm... what is going on?

today while on facebook i saw a fan page of the sienna and found myself actually looking at the pictures of them. they are nice!!! the cool moms call it their "swagger wagon"... i don't understand the word swagger, but i like it. lol!!!

so today i am still holding firm as a non-minivan driving mom, but boy am i scared that i could lose that title one day.

if you haven't seen the commercials yet, you can check them out here... http://www.youtube.com/sienna (thanks angela)

4 comments:

  1. We will bring you over to the dark side of minivan loving moms. Mwahahahahaha

    Love those commmercials, BTW. I recently saw the one where the mom thinks the cops are flirting w her but they're just telling her that she has a diaper bag on her van. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I want a mini van. I mean I can make due with my Explorer...buuuuut, I want a minivan! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally gonna be rockin the mom jeans too....haha...no minivans!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you need to do is rent one for a week while you have an infant seat...... you'll be driving one!!! lol Me and Angela will convert you:-)

    ReplyDelete