Tuesday, April 27, 2010

9 weeks

well, i am 9 week pregnant and feeling pretty good. as the day goes on i start to feel tired and sick... so by dinner time i usually have no desire to eat. i really wish i could nap everyday from 2-4, but with 3 kids to care for, that isn't going to happen. it would be nice to get to bed early, but that never happens either. then insomnia sets in. long story short... i'm tired!!!

i have finally shared my news with a couple of friends, and it feels more real now. i still have some more calls to make, but i think i'll just wait until i see them again. my in-laws still don't know, and craig wants to wait until november to tell them, but with my belly already starting to grow, that might be difficult.

speaking of my belly, it sure does know what to do... bloat is setting in, and my pants are getting tight! saturday when i came downstairs after getting dressed, craig made a comment that i looked pregnant. i then drove up to my parents house, and my mom said the same thing. so, really i'm not sure how much longer i can keep this a secret.

i hate feeling like i have to hide my news, as if it is something i am not happy about. i am so over the moon thrilled, and i wish i could shout it from the rooftops. but i now know that not only is a miscarriage difficult to deal with, but having to share the news of a miscarriage is really hard.

maybe next week i'll attempt to take a belly picture??? since this will be my last pregnancy, i would like to really remember it all. yes, i have decided that no matter what the outcome of this pregnancy, this is it. i can't imagine going through another ttc period, or another first trimester with all my fears. i hate the feeling of waiting for something bad to happen. i don't want to sound like debby downer, and i have a really good feeling that come november, i will be holding the newest little member of the jacobs family. i just need to be a realist, it helps me in the long run.

on thursday i have my first appointment with a nurse... nothing exciting, just medical history and blood work. i should be able to make my 12 week appointment, and schedule my n/t scan. oh, and they said i could go in at 10 weeks to listen to the heartbeat, and that's just next week :)

that's my update for now... oh, and off topic. i saw the new j. lo movie The Backup Plan, and it was really cute. if you're heading to the movies with your girlfriends or for a date night, i would suggest seeing it. it's not going to win any oscars, but it is funny, and the perfect "chick flick".

3 comments:

  1. Oh I wanted to see that movie! I'm glad you liked it. It really is crazy how quickly you 'show' the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time! I'm 12 weeks and feel like I look 20 weeks! I am thinking super positive thoughts for you :) And I'm glad you're not puking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also thinking lots of positive thoughts and sending prayers your way! **hugs to you**
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, belly shot please!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete