Wednesday, February 3, 2010

prayers please

i don't do this often, but i would love some prayers for my dad... he was diagnosed with colon cancer 5 years ago. he had surgery to remove over a foot of his colon, and it was a difficult recovery. he goes in often for colonoscopies, and those have been good. his doctor was concerned with his blood test and wanted him to go in for a PET scan. today we got the results... he has a tumor on the outside of his rectum. a colonoscopy wouldn't have been able to detect it until it grew inward and got bigger, so they said probably another year or so...

the good news is that they caught it early. they will now do a biopsy and then figure out what to do after they get the results.

my dad sounded ok, but my poor mom sounded so scared. i just pray that everything is ok.

it is when issues like this come up that i get sad that i don't have siblings to be there with me to deal with family stuff.

5 comments:

  1. **hugs** Shannon, I am praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Shannon I'm sorry, that is scary. Like you said they've caught it early so hopefully everything will be OK but it's still scary. And you know I hear you on the part of not having siblings to do this with. It's especially hard to know how to support your mom and dad through this and have your own feelings of fear and sadness. I'm hear if you want to chat. Both my parents have had awful health issues through the years and my mom also had colon cancer several years ago. HUGS and you will all be in my prayers. MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Shannon...praying for you and your dad and mom!!!

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete