Sunday, February 14, 2010

25 hours

craig and i just enjoyed 25 hours (not that we were counting) without our beautiful children. we dropped them off at my parents house yesterday at around 12:30, and got them all settled, and by 1:00 we were ready to go.

we went to grab a quick lunch at one of our favorite places near their house and then headed home. craig went for a run, while i enjoyed a nap. we then got ready and went to the movies. we saw The Blind Side and it was so good!!!! then we headed to the CBS scene for some drinks and appetizers.

today i got to sleep in, enjoyed a trip to target without and children asking me to buy them toys, icees, and snacks. we were back at my parents house at 2:00 to pick up the kids. they were all so excited to see us.

today is valentine's day and we didn't exchange gifts, we didn't even do cards this year. we were able to just enjoy each other.

it is amazing how re-energized (is that a word?) i feel after 25 hours. i am ready to tackle vacation week now...

5 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds heavenly!! I don't think I've had 25 hours without children in a few years! oh, and my boys have to have an icee at target too!...blue for carter and red for brennan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I know the Target snacks/toys/icee requests SO well! And yay for 25 hours of freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so wonderful! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm a hormonal mess. But that post (and Craig's comment) made me cry!!!

    ReplyDelete