Sunday, December 27, 2009

thankful

physically i am starting to feel better today... it has been a rough couple of days. emotionally, i am still in a bit of denial, and really haven't had time to grieve. my focus has been on the holiday, the kids, and my health. i have pushed my emotions to the back and when things quiet down, i am sure everything will sink in.

as i sit here i can't help but think of all the things i am thankful for...

*my friends and family for being so supportive and checking in on me.

*my 3 beautiful children who keep me smiling, even when i want to cry.

*comfy pajamas and cozy socks. i have literally lived in them since wed. afternoon, and put on a fresh pair after each shower.

*my amazing husband. craig has been so strong and supportive. he has taken over all the responsibilities in the house and with the kids for the last few days. he has made sure i am ok, and don't need anything. when i am in pain, he is right there next to me. and when i need to cry, he is there to give me the biggest hug. i just love him so much!!!

tomorrow i am going to rejoin society. i am going to get dressed in real clothes, and take the boys over to their friend's house for a play date. i am also going to start packing away all the christmas decorations, and get my house back.

wish me luck!!!!

5 comments:

  1. (((hugs)))

    You are doing really well, I think. Have a good day tomorrow, sweet friend.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry , Shannon. I wish I could give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HUGS Shannon. Rejoin society as needed as long as you hunker down as needed too. Grieving is such a funky process... take as much time as you need through each phase. HUGS (again) MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really SO sorry Shannon. Hugs. I'm thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about you...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete