Sunday, January 25, 2009

how many is too many?

i am watching the Duggar family's 17 kids and counting on tv. i can't even imagine having that many kids - i think they are crazy!!! and i started thinking, how many is too many. when do you cross the line from big family, to obnoxious?

i remember being at a cook out after we had mason. there was another family there who just had their 2nd too. they were done having kids, two and through. when i mentioned that we wanted four, we got quite the reaction. the other mom kept saying "four kids" over and over again. she clearly thought i was crazy.

most of my friends have 2 kids and are happy with their decision. some say that they would like 3, but are not sure if or when that will happen. nobody else that i know wants 4... just me. will it happen? who knows... hadley is still so little. when i picture the perfect family in my head, i see myself with 4 kids, but i want to see how well i handle 3. i am not alone in thinking that. craig talks about "next time" too.

i love newborns so much, and i actually loved being pregnant even though i haven't had the best pregnancies. i have a great relationship with my ob and told her that i am not allowed to have more than 4 kids. i don't want to turn into one of those crazy ladies on t.v. she laughed at me... and then said she is certain that we will have #4. she said the look on craig and my face when hadley was born was priceless, and she sees another one in my future.

so how many kids are too many?

4 comments:

  1. 17 is too many. four is perfect! i know you'll have four, you're really good at it. i wish i could have three, that's the perfect number for me. maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Heather! 17 is WAY TOO many! I would have loved to have four and dream of some day adopting if we can. But for now, I'm thankful for my two little ones and will just live vicariously through you when you have #4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think six is my max. I only want four, but I think that over six is a little nuts. LOL

    I just found your blog! Why did I not realize you had a blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Angela anything other 6 just seems nuts to me. You'll do fine with 4 I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete