Monday, January 4, 2010

new year's resolution

my new year's resolution is to read more books. doesn't sound hard, but i am pretty good at starting books, but not so good at finishing them.

last month i read jodi picoult's Handle With Care and it was really good. it is about a family who struggles with their daughter's rare bone disease and asks the question if she should never have been born. it helped that my sitter wanted to read it after me, so i made sure i got through it quickly. i felt so accomplished after i was done.

i figured i would try another one of jodi picoult's novels, and i am now reading Nineteen Minutes. so far, so good.

if you have any good book recommendations, i would love to hear them.

last year my resolution was to stop being a short order cook and make one meal for my family each night. although i didn't do it every night, i did do it a lot and it made life and especially dinner time easier.

wish me luck...

5 comments:

  1. Good resolution!! If you are looking for quick reads the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Water for Elephants! It reads quickly and it's a great story. I can mail it to you? My mom reads a lot, I'll have to ask her for more recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella or anything by her. She's one of my favorite authors. I also recommend Jennifer Weiner, they're both chick-lit. I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse books (TrueBlood) they're quick reads, a little dirty, and kinda weird, but entertaining. If you've not read the Twilight Series, I highly recommend them. Seriously my favorite books ever. I have the Weight of Silence on my queue to read, Heather recommended it to me. If I read anything good, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the suggestions... heather, i will check to see if any of my friends here have that book, but thanks for the shipping offer.

    christia, i think i am the only one who couldn't get into the twilight series... i tried, but never made my way through the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jodi's books! When I finished 19 minutes, I had to find someone to talk to who had read it. My Sister's Keeper is also great, now a movie, but the book is better. When I finished Handle with Care I actually threw it on the floor....

    ReplyDelete