Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shannon's favorite things






here are a couple of my favorite things... i love this travel mug from starbucks. for years we never made coffee at home, we would just get it while we were out. when craig was on paternity leave after we had miss hadley, coffee became a staple in our house. for christmas i got him this starbucks travel mug. it is the best! it keeps the coffee so hot! i liked it so much i got one for myself and use it at home all the time! i can never find time to sit and drink a cup of coffee while it is still hot, so this has been great at keeping my coffee hot while i am busy getting ready, and dealing with the kids.

the busy body book is my life safer!! (http://www.busybodybook.com/) my friend jen had one and loved it, so i thought i would give it a try. i like my calendars to run for the school year, not calendar year, so i ordered one in aug. i can't tell you how organized i feel with it. i have learned pretty quickly that having 3 kids, with many appointments and activities keeps me busy, and if i don't keep track of where we need to go or what we need to do, i feel scattered. keeping my life organized, keeps me happy!!!

and finally, my new shopping list. i saw this Real Simple shopping list at target last week and thought i would give it a try. i always have an ongoing list of what we need at the grocery store. craig is a big help and will do the shopping for us a lot of the time, but he needs me to make him a list. it doesn't get more simple than this. i can just check things off as we need it. this week i wrote out our weekly menu on the back, and then checked off the things we needed. i give it 2 thumbs up!

5 comments:

  1. OK, I'm going to get that Real Simple shopping list. I've looked at it so many times and I couldn't decide if it would be helpful but now I'm convinced to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that shopping list and ditto on the calendar! I have a similar one that hangs on the fridge and everyone has their own space to write in activities...best invention ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shopping list. I will have to look for it. I have a calendar similiar to that but it hangs on the side of my refrig. Everyone has their own line its called Mom's plan it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to have one on the fridge too, but i liked this one better since it had a page for notes on the side. i can also take it with me to the doctor's if i need to make future appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Real Simple shopping list but just can't bring myself to buy it.

    Buuuut I did buy the Real Simple calendar that I have hanging on my fridge. It is 18 months and you fill it in yourself. There are four different colored stickers for four different people's activities. I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete