Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

today was a great day from start to finish. i really would like to thank craig for making it so perfect!!! craig got up with the kids and let me sleep (i was up by 8:00am, why can't i sleep in anymore?) then he put hadley down for a nap and took the boys out, and told me to just relax. so i made some coffee, watched the today show, and went on the computer. it was pure bliss!!! after an hour i decided to take a shower, and i was able to enjoy it and not feel rushed at all!

craig took the boys to the grocery store and then to panera to get me some breakfast. when they got home they gave me flowers, cards and a beautiful necklace. i tried to take a picture, but it was hard to get the detail. each disc has a name on the front, birth date on the back, and birthstone on the top. it is so perfect!!! here is the website if you want to take a look... http://www.hollymariejewelry.com



did i mention hadley took a 3 hour nap this morning while i was enjoying my downtime??? i love her!!!

we then met my parents for lunch. it was hadley's first time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant. yaya and papa wanted to hold her as much as they could and didn't put her down very much. my mom gave me a beautiful vera bradley bag, it is so pretty!



after lunch we came home and went outside to let the kids play and to clean up their play area a bit. today was a beautiful day, just a bit windy. we then went to our neighbor's house for a bit and then back home for dinner.



i am just so happy! i feel lucky that i have such a great family and was able to celebrate mother's day with them. today i feel very appreciate, loved and valued... and maybe a bit spoiled too!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day Shannon!! Yeah I think you are a bit spoiled!! What bag did you get?? I have a bit of an bag disorder! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom got me the "libby" in the yellow bird pattern. i exchanged it for the "lisa b", which is big enough to stick a bottle and diaper in, but not too big that i could use it if i didn't have the kids with me (the few times that happens). i got it in the green cupcake pattern, but now i am not sure if i want to exchange it again...

    ReplyDelete