Sunday, May 31, 2009

cookie monster

ok, so i LOVE cookies... i think they are the best!!!! baked goods are my weakness, and cookies are my top choice. i love to bake cookies too. every week when i go to the store i somehow manage to get some cookies in my cart, even though i am trying to lose weight. i usually try to justify my purchase as something for the boys. (they do love oreos!)

this week my cookie of choice is the "jumble nut" from whole foods. it is just perfect!!! it has chocolate, raisins, and nuts in it. i am thankful that they only sell them in packs of 6, and that whole foods is not too close to my house. so here i sit after a fun weekend, enjoying my cookie(s).

i really should be exercising right now. i was doing the 30 day shred, and i really enjoyed it. last week i did something funny to my left knee. i tried to continue with the work out, but i couldn't. i really have no idea what the hell i did. i rested for a couple of days, and finally today my knee felt better, so i tried to shred with craig after dinner. as soon as i started the jumping jacks, my knee gave out again. this sucks!!! craig thinks i should go to the doctor's, but i really don't want to. they are just going to tell me to take some ibuprofen and rest it...

i did take some pictures this weekend, but i need to get them uploaded, so i will post them later.

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ Cookie Monster. I like cookies okay but hardly ever buy any. My weakness is party/appetizer foods. Luckily, those take special ingredients and actual preparation, so I'm really only tempted at, say, a baby shower or something. Those little servings are oh-so tricky!

    So sorry you hurt your knee! I am actually surprised that I've been able to get through 18 days of the Shred with no injuries! The last two times I have started a workout program and have actually been serious about it, I have hurt myself. The thing is, I haven't hurt myself actually working out...I have just hurt myself walking or something like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You should probably go to the doctor. You might have done something to the ligament/tendon or something! (says the frequent ankle injure-er, and one that never follows doctor's orders!) I think I need to try this shred...Oh and *I* am the cookie monster in my family!

    ReplyDelete