Friday, February 11, 2011

cancer free

not only did my dad finish his chemo treatments this week, when he went in today to get the chemo pump removed and they gave him the results of his blood work.... no more cancer!!! 11 months of treatments and surgery, and it is finally over!

i am so happy for my dad, and my mom... it has been such a long and emotional journey, and even though the side effects of the chemo can last for up to 6 months, it is so good to know he is on the road to feeling good again.

i love this picture... over the last year, the happiest i saw my dad was the day we told him we were pregnant, and then the day graham was born and we told him that graham's middle name was after him.


my uncle (dad's brother) was battling throat cancer, and he also learned that he is cancer free today... i know that was added stress, so it was really a good day in the jones family!!

4 comments:

  1. Woot woot! I'm so so glad for your family! What wonderful news. I hope he recovers quickly from the treatments now. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happy news! And it must be such a relief that the chemo is over. Congratulations to your dad and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful wonderful news! <3 That picture is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just now catching up, and YAY for your dad!! I know that is such an answer to prayer for you guys!!! Love the pic, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete