Monday, October 4, 2010

wicked good weekend

last weekend was so good... it was wicked good!

i had asked my mom if she could stay with us for a weekend before we had the baby so craig and i could have a date night, and we could spend some time together before the baby comes. my mom has been so busy with my dad since march when he first started his treatment, and even though he is not done yet, she felt comfortable staying with me for 3 days.

on friday we just hung out, and i picked up some take out chinese food. the weather was yucky, so it wasn't really a night we wanted to go out and do stuff.

saturday started with carter's soccer game, and then a trip to bj's. after we were home and settled i was able to run a couple of errands alone, which was nice. saturday night craig and i went out with our friends jeff and kelly. first we went to maggiano's for dinner and then headed over to see Wicked. it was such a nice night out.

sunday morning my mom and i went to the outlets as soon as they opened. they are crazy on the weekend, especially when the weather is nice. my dad had given us each some money to do a little shopping. i bought a pair of maternity jeans, and a coach wristlet. my mom got a great deal on a coach bag, so she was thrilled! then we headed home to eat a quick lunch and watch some of mason's soccer game.

i love when my mom comes down for a couple of days. she is such a big help, and she really enjoys seeing the kids and really catching up with what they are up to. my parents only live an hour away, so i do try to see them often, but it is so much better when she is here. the next time she will be here is when i am in the hospital have baby #4...

now i am going to try to slow down and rest more on the weekends, and start getting things ready for the baby. the fall weather is finally here, and it is getting darker earlier. all i want to do is snuggle in my pj's and eat comfort food. not a bad way to spend the next 6-7 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you were able to have a weekend staycation! So great! And I can't believe how far along we are!!! o.0

    ReplyDelete