Tuesday, July 21, 2009

broken

i feel broken... both physically and mentally right now. i pulled out my back on sunday and it kills!!! my body is crooked and it hurts to do everything, except lay flat. this isn't the first time i have done this, but it has been almost 1 1/2 years since it last happened. craig had to take yesterday and today off from work to help me out. i can't pick hadley up without feeling like i am going to break my back. it sucks!!! it is days like today that i wish i had a full time job and daycare for the kids.

tomorrow is the 5 year anniversary of my brother's death. i hate july 22... hate, hate, hate!!!! i hate when i see it on the calendar, and i even hate when the clock says 7:22. i also hate that it is my sil's b-day that day.

i really wish i was in a place where i could look back at my brother's life and remember all the fun things, and the laughs. but i can't. instead i relive the day over and over again. i wish july 22nd wasn't about his death, but about his life. i have no idea if i will ever get to that point, but all i know is for now i am not there.

today i just feel broken!

here is a picture of Richie with Carter when he was a newborn. i love this picture...


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Shannon. I sent you a note on FB yesterday. I have been thinking about you this week. Hope you get through tomorrow give your kids some extra hugs.

    Hope the back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shannon, I'm so sorry for you. It is so terrible for you to have to bear the loss of your brother. I hope your back feels better.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Shannon. I know a little bit about how hard this is for you. I feel the same way about 1/06. Hugs. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun, I'm so sorry. Sorry about your back but really sorry about the emotions this day brings. I wish I could be there to hug you. MJ

    ReplyDelete