Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday

my head hurts, my eyes hurt, and all i want to do is sleep... well, except at night when it is time to sleep and then of course i can't.

last night i heard a little voice in our room. "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy..." i open my eyes, it was 2:30 am and mason was standing next to craig. i asked him what was wrong and he told me he just wanted to say good night to daddy. of course craig was sleeping through this whole conversation. back to bed he went.

the kids have said some funny things this week, and if i don't write them down, i will forget.

Mason: during bath time, he asked where hadley's "winky" was. hmmm... they have shared shared a bath since hadley was born. he is just noticing now that she doesn't have the same plumbing as him?

how cute is this... he tucks cookie in for a nap whenever we leave the house. who knew he was so nurturing. lol


Carter: a typical night of dinner time drama. carter eats way too slow, and argues about everything. it really is the most stressful time of the day. anyways, hadley and mason finished their soup and craig wasn't home yet. i was trying to get carter to hurry up and finish, and then he said to me "do you think you are the president of this family or something?" actually, i am thankyouverymuch.

spring is right around the corner, and even though it is snowing right now, if you don't buy spring/summer clothes soon, they will be all gone. so i did a little retail therapy yesterday, and made hadley put on a little fashion show for her dad and brothers. the boys kept telling her how cute she was and she was really hamming it up!!!

she also tried on her easter dress. my friend dallas lives in nantucket during the summer, and last year she sent this dress up for hadley. it is so pretty!!!






i am so looking forward to putting on my pj's and watching all my favorite thursday night tv. and i'll probably eat some oreos too.

4 comments:

  1. Retail therapy... good trash tv therapy.... AND cookie therapy?! Sounds perfect! You deserve it too as it's been a rough few months. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, I can't believe I didn't hear Mason at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "my gosh"... when did you start talking like that???? p.s. you never hear the kids at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband never hears anything either. He's very helpful and does a LOT more than some other husbands, but once he is asleep, nevermind b/c you won't get anything out of him. LOL
    I loooove Hadley in the 2nd pic (the orange/salmon/pink dress)!!

    ReplyDelete