Saturday, June 20, 2009

tubes are in

yesterday hadley had her surgery for ear tubes. i know it is a simple procedure, in and out, but when it is my baby, and she is only 6 months old, it seems more like a big deal. thursday my mom came to stay with us, so she could watch the boys while we went to the hospital.

hadley's surgery was at 7:30 am, and they wanted us to be at the hospital at 5:45 am. we had to get up at 4:00, and leave by 5:00... and since i couldn't sleep the night before, i was up until 1:30. it was a long day!!!

i just have to say, that hadley is a happiest, easiest, and overall, best baby. i realize i am biased, but it's true. she is always happy, and always has a smile on her face. i am so in love with her!!!

oh, and i loved having my mom here. not sure if craig feels the same way, but she is a big help. she helps the kids, and cleans up, and just goes with the flow. while hadley was napping after we got home, we were able to clean out the play room. we brought all the toys that the boys don't play with to the basement. we brought up baby toys for hadley. we moved things around, and organized. hopefully this weekend, we can get a new area rug for in there, and then it will be perfect.

today we are back to normal... hadley is doing great, and my mom left. and i am getting some much needed computer time!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. So glad she did well! I'd be freaked out too with a six month old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it went so well. I agree, any kind of surgery on your baby is scary! I hope the tubes work and she stops getting all those ear infections. What a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that was scary! Hopefully the tubes will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm so glad she did well!!!! It is always scary when your child has to have a medical procedure, no matter how minor.

    HUGS, strong mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete